Working with Families - Keeping Children Safe...
Information leaflet on what work we do in school to keep children safe
Worried that a child may be at risk of abuse?
Worried that a child may be at risk of abuse online?
Parent Info has lots of support for keeping children safe online and other resources related to health and well-being.
Our Designated Lead for Safeguarding Children (DSL) is Mr Phillips. He is supported by two Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads; Mrs Poole who is our Deputy Headteacher and Mrs Sheard who is our Pupil & Parent Support Manager. In addition, we have a Nominates Safeguarding Governor, who ensures school policies and practice are robustly implemented, this is Mrs Walton.
the job of a Safeguarding Lead is to:
- Make sure all staff are aware how to raise safeguarding concerns
- Ensure all staff understand the symptoms of child abuse and neglect
- Refer any concerns to social care
- Monitor children who are the subject of child protection plans
- Maintain accurate and secure child protection records