Keeping Children Safe
Information on what work we do in school to keep children safe
Worried that a child may be at risk of abuse?
Worried that a child may be at risk of abuse online?
Parent Info has lots of support for keeping children safe online and other resources related to health and well-being.
- Click below to find out more
Our Designated Lead for Safeguarding Children (DSL) is Mr Phillips. He is supported by two Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads; Mrs Poole who is our Deputy Headteacher and Mrs Sheard who is our Pupil & Parent Support Manager. In addition, we have a Nominates Safeguarding Governor, who ensures school policies and practice are robustly implemented, this is Mrs Walton.
the main work of a Safeguarding Lead is to:
- Make sure all staff are aware how to raise safeguarding concerns
- Ensure all staff understand the symptoms of child abuse and neglect
- Refer any concerns to social care
- Monitor children who are the subject of child protection plans
- Maintain accurate and secure child protection records
Who Leads this in School?
Mr Phillips is The School's Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Poole is a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Sheard is a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
Judy Walton is The School's Nominated Safeguarding Governor
Want to know more in more detail about the work we do in school.
What does the law say schools must do? The Department for Education's key document is called 'Keeping Children Safe in Education, 2018'