Before / After-School Care
Our Contact Details
- If you want to make any changes to your bookings please can you now contact Miss Ramsden via Email at email@example.com or Tel 07395454452. I am available to reply Monday- Friday 7.30am – 8.30 am and 3.30pm – 5.30pm.
- Don't forget that we need 48 hours notice to change any bookings made.
- To provide a childcare facility that meets the needs of parents/carers.
- To provide a happy, welcoming, safe and secure place where all children are valued
- To provide children with a nutritious breakfast and/or a nutritious snack and drink at the after school club.
- To have strong partnerships with parents/carers
- To provide a range of structured play activities to engage and stimulate the children
- The Breakfast Club is open Monday-Friday from 7:45am – 8:45am (£4.00 per session)
- The After School Club is open Monday-Friday from 3:30pm – 6:00pm (£8.00 per session)
- Costs are monitored alongside other local providers to ensure parity with other settings.
- The Clubs are available for all children from Nursery age to Year 6.
- The Clubs are located in the Sunshine Room, behind the stage. Parents/carers are asked to enter and collect their children via the community entrance.
- Parents/carers are asked to agree to and sign a contract alongside a registration document for both clubs prior to booking.
Children will get a choice of cereals, toast and fruit to begin their day. Parents/carers are responsible for informing the Breakfast Club Leader of any dietary requirements. After the children have eaten, they will have the opportunity to get involved in a number of activities. These include:
- Exercise activities (inside using the hall or outside)
- Lego or construction games
- Comics or books
- Computer activities
- Craft, drawing, puzzles
- Or, at the request of parents/carers, be heard reading or getting help with homework.
At the end of the session, children will be taken to their respective classrooms by the Breakfast Club Leader.
After School Club
Children up to the end of Year 2 will be collected directly from their classrooms by the After School Club Leader. Children from Year 3 to Year 6 will line up and be collected from the Community Entrance Area for After School Club registration.
Following registration, any child attending a separate after-school club activity will join the other children attending the activity. At the end of the activity, they will be brought back to the After School Club.
The children will be offered a light snack and drink. A further snack will be offered at 5:30pm if required. Snacks may be cereal bars, savoury biscuits, toast or similar. Only snacks will be provided not tea. Parents/carers are responsible for informing the After School Leader of any dietary requirements. Typical activities will include:
- Art and craft activities (painting aprons/shirts will be provided)
- Sports activities and team games using the hall or playground
- Computer activities where available
- Cooking using the school’s dedicated cookery area. (a small fee may be charged in advance for ingredients)
- ‘Chill out’ area where books and comics will be available
- Lego and construction
- Board games
- Help with homework, reading or other learning
Parents/carers may donate toys and games to the After-School Club but children should not bring anything valuable from home.
The Breakfast and After School Clubs are not responsible for the loss or damage to any items brought from home.
The school rules and behaviour policy will be followed to ensure consistency for the children at club. We expect good behaviour and respect for others. We use various techniques to encourage good behaviour including praise and rewards such as stickers and certificates.
The Breakfast and After School Club reserve the right to withdraw the service if a child's behaviour is consistently unacceptable.